Friday 4 December 2015

Bat design

I decided to colour in my original bat idea as it is the one i feel most represents the characters personality at the moment. I may change bits. 
I have used a texture on the bats body to make him look a bit furry and then no texture on the wings to try and make them look leathery. I have used dull brownish greys as that is what he is in the story and that is why he wants to be colourful.

I feel like this image really explains the beginning of the story where the bat is feeling left out and ugly and like 'why do i have to be grey when all of the other birds get to be pretty colours. I want to look like them' He is holding his wings showing the dullness and he looks sad.
And this image really shows his temper. One minute you can be feeling sorry for him and the next he's like 'fine i don't need your help' thinking he's better than everyone else and getting frustrated that some birds won't give him feathers and then angry again when Quetzalcoatl won't get the birds to give him a second feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment