Wednesday 2 December 2015

Quetzalcoatl

Here is a coloured version of one of my designs. I decided to do it in colour to see how it would work as a lot of this character is about its colour. I think it works quite well but it is definitely missing something that i can't figure out yet... I think i will have to show it to people and see what they think. Maybe less of the snake body like shorter? I like how the colours run into each other though think that works well.

I also think that the normal ones eyes need to be a bit less doey and innocent, It loots quite cute like this and he is supposed to be the mentor character therefore old and wise and knowledgeable and these eyes do not say that. They say aw hey look how cute and dumb i am.

I need to work on a better angry snake face but there is still something off about this concept. It doesn't quite feel like the wings are part of him. Perhaps its the shape of them? or perhaps it need less of a drastic line between the red and blue so it feels like it blends and belongs?

Also Im wondering if i need the black like or if it would look nicer without... because i did this from a photo of the bird and i quite like it. But to animate it maybe that would make things difficult. Im also thinking the colours need to be muted a little like the bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment