Monday 11 January 2016

Bat design

Putting the bat into poses was quite difficult but having the turnaround for reference was helpful. Although it was difficult, it is a necessary part of character design as it shows what your character is like in his personality rather than just stood still.
I used 3d shapes the start off these images as it helped to get the positioning right and angles. I learnt this from the book How to draw comics the marvel way which helped me a lot and really improved my drawing abilities. As you can see from the first image, I didn't start this way. This caused my design to look flat and lifeless. A little angling can work wonders! I learnt this from creating characters with personality by Tom Bancroft p.71.where he describes tilts, and curves and rhythm

I think overall the poses work well and this has made me really look forward to animating this bat. I think i could still learn a lot about movement in my drawings but i think it just takes practice which i intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment